- The combination of an Organic membrane and Inorganic acid-resistant monolithic potassium silicate refractory installed with minimal control/expansion joints that will resist the acid and temperature of this very harsh physical environment.
ACIDPROOF CONCRETE 54 LW GUNITE
Sauereisen Acidproof Concrete No. 54LW – with almost a half century of successful, varied service – is an acid-resistant material for gunite construction. For those applications that require a lower K factor, lightweight materials, or higher temperature resistance.
No. 54 LW – Light Weight is a potassium silicate, acid-resistant refractories for use as monolithic linings in chimneys, stacks, ducts, breechings, scrubbers, precipitators, sulfur pits, tanks, process vessels, floors and sumps. These two-component materials consist of Powder and Liquid which are mixed together on the job.
Dual Lining System
- High Temperature Organic Membrane offers not only a corrosion barrier for concrete to penetrating sulfuric acid; but, also serves as a bond breaker between the refractory component overlay & concrete substrate.
- Potassium Silicate Acidproof Concrete serves as the primary protection against the molten sulfur and related thermal & acid service condition. The refractory also provides a thermal barrier for the membrane component.
We Are Pleased To Provide Solutions!
- Potassium silicate-bonded.
- Resists most solvents, oil, acids and acid salts (except hydrofluoric) over a pH range of 0.0 to 7.0.
- Withstands water and vapor without special treatment.
- Applied by guniting.
- Fast chemical set – less construction delay.
- Safe to use – nonflammable; will not support combustion.
- Specially recommended for all concentrations of sulfuric, hydrochloric, nitric, and phosphoric acids.